[PHOTOS] Drawing Autism editor Jill Mullin Speaks at UN on World Autism Awareness Day!
Jill Mullin, editor of Drawing Autism, appeared at the United Nations headquarters on April 2nd in honor of World Autism Awareness Day! Jill delivered a talk about Drawing Autism and her work as a behavior analyst. Many thanks to the UN for hosting Jill and for these great photos!
Don’t forget: If you’re artist who has been diagnosed with autism, or do you know someone on the autism spectrum who creates art? If so, we want to hear from you! Please click here for more details about our ongoing art submissions!
From the United Nations:
Book Signing Event with Author of “Drawing Autism”
UN staff met with Jill Mullin (right), author of the book, Drawing Autism, a collection of artwork by people diagnosed with autism, from teenage amateurs to established artists. The book signing event was held in connection with World Autism Awareness Day (2 April). At left is Maher Nasser, Director of the Outreach Division in the Department of Public Information (DPI).
Posted: Apr 4, 2014
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Will Work for Drugs
- The Bear Who Wasn’t There: And the Fabulous Forest
- No One Told Me Not to Do This
- From a Basement in Seattle
- Go Fish
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- The Immune System
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Failure
- Infinity Blues
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats