Controversial literary legend Amiri Baraka’s new short story collection—an Essence Magazine best-seller—will shock and awe.
Featured: Black Interest
In conjunction with the publication of Pills and Starships by Lydia Millet—the latest release from our Black Sheep imprint for Young Adults and Young Readers—we’ve created the Black Sheep Digit, comprising excerpts from Pills and Starships and our first two Black Sheep releases, Changers Book One: Drew by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and Game World by C. J. Farley.
Finding the Black Lotus murderer is Detective Wolf’s chance to avoid an Internal Affairs investigation. That’s when things get personal.
Mark Andersen and Ralph Heibutzki’s Chicago launch event for We Are The Clash at The Book Cellar.
Mark Andersen presents We Are The Clash at Moon Palace Books. After the book event there will be music and an afterparty sponsored by Extreme Noise with a punk rock vinyl set by DJ Felix Havoc and refreshments provided by Geek Love Cafe.
News & Features
From Rolling Stone to Vol. 1 Brooklyn and more, WE ARE THE CLASH rakes in the praise!
- “Operation Bastard” by Karina Bush
- “Virtually President” by John Joseph Ryan
- “This Corpse” by Ron Riekki
- AN UNKINDNESS OF GHOSTS—An Award-Winning Debut Novel!
Thanks to Bill Morris at The Millions, you can get an inside look at our day-to-day workings, and specifically into the mind of our editorial director, Ibrahim Ahmad. Check out: “A Day in the Life of an Indie Publisher: Akashic Books.”
- Akashic’s Publisher JOHNNY TEMPLE in the NEW YORK TIMES
- Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides Honored for CHASING WATER
- Akashic Authors Nominated for Lambda Literary Awards!
- ATLANTA NOIR Editor Tayari Jones Pens Oprah Book Club Pick!