Concerns with human rights, political oppression, sexuality, race, and Jamaican culture thematically connect these essays.
Featured: Black Interest
Half-sisters Kara and Alex—one the biracial product of foster care, the other of dysfunctional privilege—struggle for redemption and forgiveness.
Excerpts from By the Balls: The Complete Collection by Jim Pascoe and Tom Fassbender, Heart of the Old Country by Tim McLoughlin, Southland by Nina Revoyr, and The Plot Against Hip Hop by Nelson George.
J.L. Powers in conversation with Sharon Cameron, author of The Knowing.
Join J.L. Powers at the Childrens Author Reception at the Northern California Independent Booksellers Association 2017 Fall Discovery Show.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts featured in The Rumpus including an exclusive excerpt and an interview with Rivers!
- “Fuckitty-Fuck-Fuck-Fuck Part 2: Shit-Shit-Shit-Shit-Shit” by Nkosi Ife Bandele
- “The Hatching” by Robert Arellano
- “Baby Frankenstein” by Maria DePaul
- FREE E-BOOK: Download Adios Muchachos for free through Sunday, Oct 15!
Listen to an interview on KUT with Unsportsmanlike Conduct‘s Jessica Luther, one year about the publication of this acclaimed, hard-hitting exposé.
- D Hunter’s Playlist – “To Funk and Die in LA”
- Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
- Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
- Hirsh Sawhney Longlisted for DSC Prize and Shortlisted for Shakti Bhatt Prize!