This limited-edition nine-piece box set, an African Poetry Book Fund (APBF) project, features the work of new African poets.
Featured: Black Interest
Percival Everett enriches the ranks of Chris Abani’s acclaimed Black Goat poetry series.
In conjunction with the publication of Pills and Starships by Lydia Millet—the latest release from our Black Sheep imprint for Young Adults and Young Readers—we’ve created the Black Sheep Digit, comprising excerpts from Pills and Starships and our first two Black Sheep releases, Changers Book One: Drew by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and Game World by C. J. Farley.
Achy Obejas will appear as part of an Artsmith Artist Residency reading, with others TBA, at Darvill’s Bookstore.
Sneak preview! Hear Lauren Stahl read from The Devil’s Song as part of Wilkes University’s January residency celebration. Featuring Lauren Stahl and other readers TBA. This event is open to the public and will be held in the Henry Student Center Ballroom.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts is a Best Book of 2017!
- “A Body Appears” by Douglas Cole
- “Flood Street Fire” by Oscar Holiday
- “The Descent of Man and Everyone Else” by John Streamas
- “Dexter: Season 2” by Nicole Heinlein
Congratulations to Peter Kimani, whose novel Dance of the Jakaranda is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!
- Akashic Insider Exclusive: The Making of the Wu-Tang Clan from WHAT IS HIP-HOP?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”
- D Hunter’s Playlist – “To Funk and Die in LA”