An African American man confronts a heart of darkness when his family moves from Los Angeles to a small town in Norway.
Featured: Black Interest
A passionate memoir and fearless behind-the-scenes look at the personal lives of the biggest reggae stars in the world.
The first title from The Armory, a new high-quality urban noir imprint edited by Kenji Jasper.
Lauren Sanders (The Book of Love and Hate), will appear on a panel called “Fractured Characters: Fiction,” along with authors Jessie Chaffee (Florence in Ecstasy) and Noley Reid (Pretend We Are Lovely) to discuss their work, following the stories of emotionally fractured characters.
Katia D. Ulysse (Mouths Don’t Speak) will appear on a panel entitled “Fiction: International Stories, Shared Humanities,” alongside Adrienne Benson (The Brightest Sun) and Annabelle Kim (Tiger Pelt), discussing international disasters, resilience, and the heartbreaking impact on interwoven lives. The event will take place in Central JMRL Library.
News & Features
Authors of the CHANGERS Series on the Today Show!
- “Central Park General” by B. Kim Taylor
- “Take a Deep Breath and Count to Four” by Tamar Jacobs
- “Last Stop, Greystone Park” by SA Solomon
- “The Butcher of Pensacola” by James Glass
Congratulations to Tayari Jones, editor of ATLANTA NOIR whose latest novel is an Oprah Book Club pick!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!
- DANCE OF THE JAKARANDA is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
- Akashic Insider Exclusive: The Making of the Wu-Tang Clan from WHAT IS HIP-HOP?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”