Prodigy, from the legendary hip-hop group Mobb Deep, launches Akashic’s new Infamous Books imprint with a story of loyalty, vengeance, and greed.
Featured: Black Interest
In honor of her 2012 New York Times Book Review Notable Book of the Year selection—and in anticipation of the just-released paperback edition of Nowhere Is a Place, our Bernice L. McFadden Digit features excerpts from all four of her Akashic titles: Gathering of Waters, The Warmest December, Glorious, and Nowhere Is a Place.
The best anthology of classic Haitian fiction ever assembled, unparalleled in scope.
Lauren Sanders (The Book of Love and Hate), will appear on a panel called “Fractured Characters: Fiction,” along with authors Jessie Chaffee (Florence in Ecstasy) and Noley Reid (Pretend We Are Lovely) to discuss their work, following the stories of emotionally fractured characters.
Katia D. Ulysse (Mouths Don’t Speak) will appear on a panel entitled “Fiction: International Stories, Shared Humanities,” alongside Adrienne Benson (The Brightest Sun) and Annabelle Kim (Tiger Pelt), discussing international disasters, resilience, and the heartbreaking impact on interwoven lives. The event will take place in Central JMRL Library.
News & Features
Authors of the CHANGERS Series on the Today Show!
- “Central Park General” by B. Kim Taylor
- “Take a Deep Breath and Count to Four” by Tamar Jacobs
- “Last Stop, Greystone Park” by SA Solomon
- “The Butcher of Pensacola” by James Glass
Congratulations to Tayari Jones, editor of ATLANTA NOIR whose latest novel is an Oprah Book Club pick!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!
- DANCE OF THE JAKARANDA is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
- Akashic Insider Exclusive: The Making of the Wu-Tang Clan from WHAT IS HIP-HOP?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”