In conjunction with the publication of Pills and Starships by Lydia Millet—the latest release from our Black Sheep imprint for Young Adults and Young Readers—we’ve created the Black Sheep Digit, comprising excerpts from Pills and Starships and our first two Black Sheep releases, Changers Book One: Drew by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and Game World by C. J. Farley.
Featured: Black Interest
Trade paperback reissue of Elizabeth Nunez’s new novel, a New York Times Editors’ Choice.
Award-winning novelist Bernice L. McFadden’s highly anticipated new historical novel set amidst the Harlem Renaissance.
Celebration Brunch: A Tribute to the African American Literary Tradition. The Charlottesville Chapter of The Links Incorporated presents its fifteenth annual Celebration of the African American Literary Tradition, including brunch, musical and spoken word performances by community youth, a tribute to book festival authors, book sales, and signing. Ballroom doors open at 11:00 AM and […]
Meet actor and author Michael Imperioli at a book signing for his debut novel, The Perfume Burned His Eyes.
News & Features
Authors of the CHANGERS Series on the Today Show!
- “Central Park General” by B. Kim Taylor
- “Take a Deep Breath and Count to Four” by Tamar Jacobs
- “Last Stop, Greystone Park” by SA Solomon
- “The Butcher of Pensacola” by James Glass
Congratulations to Tayari Jones, editor of ATLANTA NOIR whose latest novel is an Oprah Book Club pick!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!
- DANCE OF THE JAKARANDA is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
- Akashic Insider Exclusive: The Making of the Wu-Tang Clan from WHAT IS HIP-HOP?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”