Featured: Black Interest
The long-awaited reissue of the sequel to Amiri Baraka’s seminal work, BLUES PEOPLE, and latest selection in the AkashiClassics Renegade Reprint Series. This collection of essays by Amiri Baraka/LeRoi Jones includes a new introduction by the author and Q&A by Calvin Reid.
A provocative and persuasive historical novel exploring the Spanish brutality against native Indians in early 16th-century Jamaica.
Author talk for Michael Zadoorian, author of Beautiful Music, at the Kalamazoo Public Library. Full details TBA.
Mark Andersen and Ralph Heibutzki’s Chicago launch event for We Are The Clash at The Book Cellar.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon has won the CLMP Firecracker Award and is nominated for a Hurston/Wright Legacy Award!
- “Operation Bastard” by Karina Bush
- “Virtually President” by John Joseph Ryan
- “This Corpse” by Ron Riekki
- “Breaking2: Technology and the African” by Amy Abugo Ongiri and Jason Brozek
Did you catch our indefatigable publisher Johnny Temple in the May 11, 2018 issue of the New York Times? Author Andrew Cotto described a day in the life of Johnny Temple, which begins with reading and coffee, in the Sunday Routine section: “How Johnny Temple, Book Publisher and Rocker, Spends His Sundays.”
- Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides Honored for CHASING WATER
- Akashic Authors Nominated for Lambda Literary Awards!
- ATLANTA NOIR Editor Tayari Jones Pens Oprah Book Club Pick!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!