Echoing Jonathan Swift, Preston L. Allen breaks new ground with a novel that is part allegory, part fantasy.
Featured: Black Interest
Concerns with human rights, political oppression, sexuality, race, and Jamaican culture thematically connect these essays.
A fascinating collection of Frederick Douglass’s always-controversial speeches in Brooklyn, New York.
“Not Your Mother’s Book Club” proudly presents editor, blogger, and award-winning author J.L. Powers in celebration of Broken Circle.
Contributors John Holman, Tony Grooms, Alesia Parker, and Jennifer Harlow from Atlanta Noir will appear at the Barnes & Noble at Georgia Tech University.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts featured in The Rumpus including an exclusive excerpt and an interview with Rivers!
- “Blue Sky Volume 1: Damnation” by M.A. Powers
- “Fuckitty-Fuck-Fuck-Fuck Part 2: Shit-Shit-Shit-Shit-Shit” by Nkosi Ife Bandele
- “The Hatching” by Robert Arellano
- “Baby Frankenstein” by Maria DePaul
Listen to an interview on KUT with Unsportsmanlike Conduct‘s Jessica Luther, one year about the publication of this acclaimed, hard-hitting exposé.
- D Hunter’s Playlist – “To Funk and Die in LA”
- Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
- Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
- Hirsh Sawhney Longlisted for DSC Prize and Shortlisted for Shakti Bhatt Prize!