National Events: St. Louis Noir and Mississippi Noir launches!
We’re celebrating the latest additions to our Noir Series with a stellar list of authors! Come out and join us in St. Louis, MO, and Oxford, MS, or click here to see if our authors will be coming to a city near you.
St. Louis friends! Join editor Scott Phillips for a Noir at the Bar event to celebrate the release of St. Louis Noir! The launch will coincide with a show of black-and-white photos of the city. Featuring book contributors Calvin Wilson, S.L. Coney, Jedidiah Ayres, LaVelle Wilkins-Chinn, John Lutz, and Umar Lee.
Sat., July 30 @ 7:00 PM
6269 Delmar, St. Louis, MO
In or around Oxford, Mississippi? Join us at Square Books for the launch of Mississippi Noir! Featuring editor Tom Franklin and contributors Chris Offutt, Jack Pendarvis, Andrew Paul, John M. Floyd, Michael Farris Smith, William Boyle, Dominiqua Dickey, Megan Abbott, Michael Kardos, Mary Miller, Robert Busby, Lee Durkee, and Ace Atkins.
Thurs., August 4 @ 5:00 PM
129 Courthouse Square, Oxford, MS
*Click here to RSVP on Facebook.
Posted: Jul 26, 2016
Category: News | Tags: Mississippi, Events, Book event, launch event, event, St. Louis, Missouri, launch, St. Louis Noir, Mississippi Noir, Oxford, Scott Phillips, Tom Franklin, Square Books, Meshuggah Cafe, Noir at the Bar
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Letters to Kurt
- Please Take Me Off the Guest List
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – STANDARD EDITION
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- The Accidental Hunter
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs