Johnny Temple, Patricia Smith Win at 2013 Edgar Awards
The 2013 Edgar Awards Banquet will be hosted in New York City tonight! These awards, hosted by the Mystery Writers of America, honor the best in mystery and crime writing.
Patricia Smith, editor of Staten Island Noir, has won the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award for her short story included in the anthology, “When They Are Done with Us.” This award is granted each year by the Edgar short story committee, who selects the best first short story by an American author.
In addition, Johnny Temple and Akashic Books will be honored with this year’s Ellery Queen Award, “given to editors or publishers who have distinguished themselves by their generous and wide-ranging support of the genre.” Akashic is being honored for our dedication to the growing Noir Series of location-based mystery & crime stories.
For the full list of this year’s nominees and award winners, please click here. Congratulations to all!
In honor of the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award, iTunes is offering the Staten Island Noir e-book for $2.99.
Posted: May 2, 2013
Category: News | Tags: Johnny Temple, Patricia Smith, Noir Series, Edgar Awards, Staten island Noir, Mystery Writers of America, Ellery Queen Award, Robert L. Fish Memorial Award, When They Are Done With Us
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats
- The Bear Who Wasn’t There: And the Fabulous Forest
- Simon’s Cat vs. the World
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Rock Star Digit
- It’s Just a Plant
- Demons in the Spring
- South of the Pumphouse
- Artificial Light
- Seriously, You Have to Eat
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen