Johnny Temple, Patricia Smith Win at 2013 Edgar Awards
The 2013 Edgar Awards Banquet will be hosted in New York City tonight! These awards, hosted by the Mystery Writers of America, honor the best in mystery and crime writing.
Patricia Smith, editor of Staten Island Noir, has won the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award for her short story included in the anthology, “When They Are Done with Us.” This award is granted each year by the Edgar short story committee, who selects the best first short story by an American author.
In addition, Johnny Temple and Akashic Books will be honored with this year’s Ellery Queen Award, “given to editors or publishers who have distinguished themselves by their generous and wide-ranging support of the genre.” Akashic is being honored for our dedication to the growing Noir Series of location-based mystery & crime stories.
For the full list of this year’s nominees and award winners, please click here. Congratulations to all!
In honor of the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award, iTunes is offering the Staten Island Noir e-book for $2.99.
Posted: May 2, 2013
Category: News | Tags: Edgar Awards, Ellery Queen Award, Johnny Temple, Mystery Writers of America, Noir Series, Patricia Smith, Robert L. Fish Memorial Award, Staten island Noir, When They Are Done With Us
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Black Marks
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- She’s Gone
- The Gospel According to Cane