- Date: May 17, 2017, 6:30pm – 8:30pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Andover Bookstore
- Map: 89 Rear Main Street, Andover, Massachusetts, United States
There are no upcoming events.
Patricia A. Smith (The Year of Needy Girls) in conversation with Virginia Pye.
- Date: May 15, 2017, 7:00pm – 9:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Porter Square Books
- Map: 25 White Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Full program details TBA.
Peter Kimani — PEN World Voices Festival, Medgar Evers College, Center for Black Literature, Brooklyn, NY
Peter Kimani (Dance of the Jakaranda) will participate in a panel discussion titled Identity in the Age of Globalization: An African Diasporic Perspective. This conversation will explore how African writers on the global stage navigate challenges such as considering various audiences from their countries, continents, and internationally. This panel will also feature Maaza Mengiste and […]
- Date: May 4, 2017, 7:00pm – 8:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Medgar Evers College
- Map: 1650 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, United States
Valerie Graves (Pressure Makes Diamonds) will participate in a panel discussion titled Pushing Past Glass Ceilings in which women from disparate walks of life and ages share their experiences of breaking through cultural norms, pushing past the heteronormative patriarchy, and self-empowerment. This panel will also feature Rita Mae Brown, , Theresa Rebeck, and Giannina Braschi.
Shani Mootoo (Moving Forward Sideways Like a Crab) will participate in a panel discussion titled Forbidden: Too Much in Love. This discussion will also feature Dorit Rabinyan, Sarah Ladipo Manyika, and Pajtim Statovci.
Jessica Luther (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) will participate in a panel discussion titled Shattering Taboos to Change Culture. This discussion will also feature Ram Devenini. Location TBD.