Wyomia Tyus attends a screening of the documentary Mr. Temple and the Tigerbelles. Copies of Tigerbelle will be for sale, provided by Parnassus Books.
Wyomia Tyus presents Tigerbelle at an event sponsored by the Global Sport Institute and the Center for the Study of Race and Democracy at Arizona State University—”Raising a Fist to Taking a Knee.” Full program details [here].
The San Francisco launch event for 131 Different Things with Nick Zinner, Zachary Lipez, and Stacy Wakefield. The Bindery is the offsite events space for The Booksmith, located at 1727 Haight Street.
- Date: Oct 23, 2018, 7:30pm – 9:30pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: The Booksmith
- Map: 1644 Haight St., San Francisco, California, United States
The East Bay launch event for 131 Different Things with Nick Zinner, Zachary Lipez, and Stacy Wakefield.
The Los Angeles launch event for 131 Different Things with Nick Zinner, Zachary Lipez, and Stacy Wakefield.
- Date: Oct 26, 2018, 7:30pm – 9:30pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Skylight Books
- Map: 1818 N Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, California, United States
Have you ever played the board game Clue? Come to the Museum of Art and History and play a live action version for a thrilling and riddle-packed Murder Mystery Game Day. Unravel who murdered notorious Santa Cruz private investigator Harlow Lindsay, through a series of clues and activities. The clues will lead you to the […]
Katia D. Ulysse presents Mouths Don’t Speak as the fiction guest speaker for Contemporary American Writers at Johns Hopkins. Full details TBA.
Mark Andersen presents We Are The Clash at the National Press Club’s 41st Annual Book Fair and Author Night. Authors will be on hand to talk to their fans and sign books at this most exciting literary event. Patrons can browse for books at the Club’s headquarters from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 for NPC and […]
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- eel on reef
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- I Love You Too
- The Hungered One
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)