Author and former chief creative officer Valerie Graves spent decades creating award-winning ad campaigns, from using hip-hop artist Ludacris to sell Pontiac cars to featuring Steve Harvey in Burger King spots and helping to re-introduce the Buick brand. In her first book, Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming The Woman I Pretended To Be, Graves paints the […]
Events Tag: Valerie Graves
There are no upcoming events for Valerie Graves.
Valerie Graves (Pressure Makes Diamonds) will participate in a panel discussion titled Pushing Past Glass Ceilings in which women from disparate walks of life and ages share their experiences of breaking through cultural norms, pushing past the heteronormative patriarchy, and self-empowerment. This panel will also feature Rita Mae Brown, , Theresa Rebeck, and Giannina Braschi.
Valerie Graves – She Runs It 2017 Multicultural Alliance Bootcamp at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal, New York, NY
Full program details TBA.
- Date: Mar 25, 2017, 8:15am – 4:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal
- Map: 160 Varick Street, New York, New York, United States
Valerie’s hometown launch; Open to public.
- Date: Nov 21, 2016, 3:00pm – 5:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Oakland University
- Map: Kresge Library, 100 Library Drive, Rochester, MI, United States
*Full details TBA
- Date: Nov 18, 2016, 5:00pm – 8:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Morgan State University
- Map: 1700 East Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Part of Enoch Pratt’s Brown Lecture Series. In the Central Library, African American Department.
Advertising Club of New York Diversity Mixer & launch event. Full details TBA.
- Date: Nov 15, 2016 | Add to iCal »
Valerie Graves (Pressure Makes Diamonds) in conversation with Tracey Matisak.
- Date: Oct 19, 2016, 7:30am – 9:30am | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Free Library of Philadelphia
- Map: 1901 Vine Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States