Peter Kimani will participate in a roundtable discussion titled Historical Fictions. This discussion will be focused on Dance of the Jakaranda. This discussion will also include Tomi Adeaga, Dan Magaziner, and Grace Musila.
Events Tag: Peter Kimani
There are no upcoming events for Peter Kimani.
Peter Kimani (Dance of the Jakaranda) will participate in a panel discussion titled Fiction: From the Edge of the World. This panel discussion will also include Lili Wright (Dancing with the Tiger) and Chicago Tribune Editorial Board member Lara Weber.
- Date: Jun 11, 2017, 12:15pm – 1:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Chicago Printers Row Lit Fest
- Map: 700 South State St., 4th Fl., Room 4004, Chicago, Illinois, United States
Peter Kimani — PEN World Voices Festival, Medgar Evers College, Center for Black Literature, Brooklyn, NY
Peter Kimani (Dance of the Jakaranda) will participate in a panel discussion titled Identity in the Age of Globalization: An African Diasporic Perspective. This conversation will explore how African writers on the global stage navigate challenges such as considering various audiences from their countries, continents, and internationally. This panel will also feature Maaza Mengiste and […]
- Date: May 4, 2017, 7:00pm – 8:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Medgar Evers College
- Map: 1650 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, United States
A free press is one of democratic society’s major safeguards — but the price of that freedom is permanent vigilance. Senior T&T journalist Wesley Gibbings and Kenyan journalist and writer Peter Kimani (Dance of the Jakaranda) debate the question with former government spokesman Andy Johnson; chaired by Mark Wilson. This discussion will be held in […]
Peter Kimani will discuss the “Heart of darkness” phenomenon associated with Africa, due in part to Joseph Conrad’s famous novel by the same title. He will also discuss the making of Dance of the Jakaranda, which was partly inspired by Conrad’s legacy and the politics of literature in colonial Africa.
Peter Kimani — University of Southern California, Hoffman Hall, LA Times Festival of Books, Los Angeles, CA
Peter Kimani will participate in a panel titled “Fiction: Culture & Identity.” This discussion will also feature Krys Lee and Charmaine Craig, and will be moderated by Nina Revoyr.
- Date: Feb 24, 2017, 7:00pm – 9:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Revolution Books
- Map: 437 Malcolm X Blvd, New York, New York , United States
Peter Kimani (Dance of the Jakaranda) will appear in conversation with Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o. Moderated by Vanity Fair‘s Andy Tepper.
- Date: Feb 22, 2017, 7:00pm – 9:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Brooklyn Public Library, Dweck Center
- Map: 10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, New York, United States