Katia D. Ulysse presents Mouths Don’t Speak at the Brooklyn Book Festival. Location: Brooklyn Borough Hall Courtroom, 209 Joralemon Street. THE AFTERMATH: Psychological, unseen injuries are often the most difficult to identify and treat. As medicine struggles to diagnose and treat post-traumatic stress disorder, literature is recognizing its reality and import. Novelists Shahriar Mandanipour (Moon Brow), Katia D. […]
Events Tag: Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
There are no upcoming events for Haiti Noir 2: The Classics.
Edwidge Danticat, editor of Haiti Noir and Haiti Noir 2: The Classics, will appear on a panel at AWP 2018.
Reading from Edwidge Danticat (Haiti Noir, Haiti Noir 2: The Classics), with an introduction by Katia D. Ulysse (Drifting).
- Date: Mar 21, 2015, 12:00pm – 2:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Central JMRL Library, McIntire Room
- Map: 201 E Market Street, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Edwidge Danticat with special guest contributors from the original Haiti Noir: Marie Ketsia Theodore-Pharel and M.J. Fievre. Cosponsored by Little Haiti Cultural Center and the Haitian Cultural Arts Alliance.
- Date: Jan 29, 2014, 8:00pm – 10:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Books & Books, Coral Gables
- Map: 265 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables, Florida, United States
Edwidge Danticat with Michèle Voltaire Marcelin. Cosponsored by Haiti Cultural Exchange and MoCADA.
- Date: Jan 16, 2014, 7:00pm – 9:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Brooklyn Public Library, Dweck Center
- Map: 10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, New York, United States
Creating Dangerously in a Dangerous World How do different forms—fiction, reportage, memoir and essay—capture different realities, especially when the principal subject is the trauma of war and violence? Join three authors whose work explores horrific visions from a variety of angles: Edwidge Danticat (Claire of the Sea Light), Courtney Angela Brkic (The First Rule of […]