The authors of Tigerbelle will be at the Howard Zinn Book Fair at the City College of San Francisco.
Events Tag: Edge of Sports
There are no upcoming events for Edge of Sports.
Etan Thomas presents We Matter at the Boston Book Festival, Emmanuel Sanctuary, Emmanuel Room, 15 Newbury St. PROGRAM: “This Is Not a Game: Sports and Social Change,” featuring Etan Thomas, Amy Bass, Howard Bryant, and Wil Haygood; moderated by Bill Littlefield.
Wyomia Tyus and Elizabeth Terzakis’s San Francisco launch event for Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story.
Wyomia Tyus in conversation with Dave Zirin about her memoir, Tigerbelle.
ACTIVIST ATHLETES: Over the past years, we’ve seen a number of professional athletes speak out against racism and injustice. The response—from fans, owners, even the President—has ranged from support to outright hostility. Players have been called unpatriotic, accused of disrespecting the military, even blackballed from their leagues. What’s next for this movement? Writer/activist Shaun King […]
Wyomia Tyus, coauthor of Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story, will be at Georgia Tech, hosted by the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. Full details TBA.
- Date: Sep 14, 2018 – Sep 16, 2018 | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Georgia Tech
- Map: North Avenue, Student Center Theater, Atlanta, Georgia
Wyomia Tyus and Elizabeth Terzakis launch Tigerbelle in Wyomia’s hometown at Eso Won Books.
- Date: Sep 8, 2018, 6:00pm – 8:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Eso Won
- Map: 4331 Degnan Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, United States
Wyomia Tyus and Elizabeth Terzakis, authors of Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story, present their book at the Socialism Conference in Chicago, taking place at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. Full details TBA.
You might be interested in:
- Chasing Water: Elegy of an Olympian
- Fair Play: How LGBT Athletes Are Claiming Their Rightful Place in Sports
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- My Life on the Line: How the NFL Damn Near Killed Me, and Ended Up Saving My Life
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct: College Football and the Politics of Rape
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity