A former eleven-year NBA player, Etan Thomas (We Matter) was born in Harlem and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He has published three books: a collection of poems titled More Than an Athlete, the motivational book Fatherhood: Rising to the Ultimate Challenge, and Voices of the Future, a collection of poems and essays by young writers […]
Etan Thomas (We Matter) will appear on a panel with Mark Leibovich and Steve Almond at the Miami Book Fair. Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave., Building 3, Room 3209.
ACTIVIST ATHLETES: Over the past years, we’ve seen a number of professional athletes speak out against racism and injustice. The response—from fans, owners, even the President—has ranged from support to outright hostility. Players have been called unpatriotic, accused of disrespecting the military, even blackballed from their leagues. What’s next for this movement? Writer/activist Shaun King […]
Etan Thomas presents We Matter at the Boston Book Festival, Emmanuel Sanctuary, Emmanuel Room, 15 Newbury St. PROGRAM: “This Is Not a Game: Sports and Social Change,” featuring Etan Thomas, Amy Bass, Howard Bryant, and Wil Haygood; moderated by Bill Littlefield.
Join Etan Thomas, author of We Matter: Athletes and Activism, at the 2018 Sports Industry Networking and Career (SINC) Conference for a panel on athletes, activism, and social justice. Panel will take place in the Jack Morton Auditorium in the Media and Public Affairs Building.
Featured: Black Interest
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- She’s Gone
- Bedrock Faith
- They Better Call Me Sugar: My Journey from the Hood to the Hardwood
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- The Accidental Hunter
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection