Kwame Dawes on Bivouac, in conversation with Akashic Books publisher Johnny Temple. In Kwame Dawes’s novel, Bivouac, a man’s grief over the death of his father is exacerbated by the conflict over whether the death was the result of medical negligence or if it was a political assassination.
Kwame Dawes presents Bivouac at the Nebraska Book Festival, with a signing to follow. Full details TBA.
Kwame Dawes launches Bivouac at Indigo Bridge Books in his hometown of Lincoln, Nebraska.
Kwame Dawes, editor of the New-Generation African Poets box sets, will be presented with the Gwendolyn Brooks Award at the 2018 National Black Writers Conference.
Featured: Black Interest
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- African: A Children’s Picture Book
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Game World
- Even in Paradise
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Getting It Right
- The Angels’ Share