Three individuals, who had to push out of proscribed roles (in the NFL, as a Muslim woman, and in the CIS based society) Ryan O’Callaghan (My Life on the Line: How the NFL Damn Near Killed Me and Ended up Saving My Life) Samra Habib (We Have Always Been Here) and Jacob Tobia (Sissy: A […]
Ryan O’Callaghan will discuss his memoir, My Life on the Line: How the NFL Damn Near Killed Me and Ended Up Saving My Life, in conversation with Fox and Sirius XM’s Jared Max. This event is co-hosted by David Mixner and co-sponsored by You Can Play. Please RSVP: https://gaycenter.org/ryan-ocallaghan/.
Ryan O’Callaghan presents My Life on the Line in conversation with Steve Buckley at Brookline Booksmith. Cosponsored by Boston Spirit Magazine.
The Paths to Pride: Brothers, sisters, moms, dads, seniors, children, friends and strangers who are LGBTQIA are out or are living secret lives from someone or everyone– often at great personal expense to their health, their sanity and their well being. Samra Habib (We Have Always Been Here), William Dameron (The Lie: A Memoir of […]
Ryan O’Callaghan presents My Life on the Line at Magers & Quinn bookstore.
Edge of Sports’ Ryan O’Callaghan on My Life on the Line; Don McPherson on You Throw Like a Girl; and Melissa Isaacson on State: A Team, a Triumph, a Transformation in conversation with author, and editor of Akashic Books’ Edge of Sports imprint, Dave Zirin. Melissa Isaacson’s State: A Team, a Triumph, a Transformation is […]
Featured: Black Interest
- Prayer for the Living
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- The Hungered One
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- A River Called Time
- The Game Don’t Change
- Game World