TOP-SHELF NOIR: Brooklyn’s beloved Pete Hamill (A Killing for Christ) is joined by best-selling authors Laura Lippman (Sunburn; Liza Jane & the Dragon) and Tayari Jones (editor, Atlanta Noir; An American Marriage) in a program of haunting, unforgettable noir fiction. Dwyer Murphy (CrimeReads) will moderate this event featuring short readings and a discussion, followed by […]
Pete Hamill presents the 50th anniversary edition of his debut novel, A Killing for Christ, in conversation with the New York Times‘ Sam Roberts at the Brooklyn Public Library (Central Library, Trustee’s Room). This event is free and open to the public, but please do RSVP here.
FACT & FICTION: To celebrate the 50th anniversary edition of his debut novel A Killing for Christ, author Pete Hamill will appear in conversation with National Book Award winner James McBride—both Distinguished Writers in Residence at NYU School of Journalism. Please RSVP here!
Featured: Black Interest
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Jesus Boy
- Move the Crowd: A Children’s Picture Book
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Black Orchid Blues
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Home: Social Essays
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Black History Digit
- The System of Dante’s Hell