Kwame Dawes on Bivouac, in conversation with Akashic Books publisher Johnny Temple. In Kwame Dawes’s novel, Bivouac, a man’s grief over the death of his father is exacerbated by the conflict over whether the death was the result of medical negligence or if it was a political assassination.
Kwame Dawes, editor of the New-Generation African Poets box sets, will be presented with the Gwendolyn Brooks Award at the 2018 National Black Writers Conference.
Chris Abani (editor of the forthcoming Lagos Noir) will appear on a panel at AWP 2018.
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Black Music
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Black Orchid Blues
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Bedrock Faith
- Game World
- The Hungered One
- Prayer for the Living