The Hurston/Wright Foundation and Mahogany Books present an evening of readings with Nicole Dennis-Benn, Elizabeth Nunez (Grace, Discretion, Prospero’s Daughter), Hanif Abdurraqib, and W. Ralph Eubanks. Following a reception, each author will read and then there will be a Q&A; this event is free and open to the public.
Join Elizabeth Nunez for an event at Nassau Community College. This event is free and open to the public.
Elizabeth Nunez at Nassau Community College.
Join Bernice L. McFadden (The Book of Harlan), Kaitlyn Greenidge, Garnette Cadogan, and Quincy Troupe at the Brooklyn Historical Society for a panel on Literature by Black Writers in the Age of Trump. Moderated by Elizabeth Nunez (Even in Paradise). For tickets and information, click here.
Featured: Black Interest
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- The Hungered One
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- A Simple Distance
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- They Better Call Me Sugar: My Journey from the Hood to the Hardwood
- The Angels’ Share
- Black Music
- Getting It Right