Kwame Dawes on Bivouac, in conversation with Akashic Books publisher Johnny Temple. In Kwame Dawes’s novel, Bivouac, a man’s grief over the death of his father is exacerbated by the conflict over whether the death was the result of medical negligence or if it was a political assassination.
Kwame Dawes presents Bivouac at the Nebraska Book Festival, with a signing to follow. Full details TBA.
Kwame Dawes launches Bivouac at Indigo Bridge Books in his hometown of Lincoln, Nebraska.
Featured: Black Interest
- Jesus Boy
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- The Hungered One
- Bedrock Faith
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)