TOP-SHELF NOIR: Brooklyn’s beloved Pete Hamill (A Killing for Christ) is joined by best-selling authors Laura Lippman (Sunburn; Liza Jane & the Dragon) and Tayari Jones (editor, Atlanta Noir; An American Marriage) in a program of haunting, unforgettable noir fiction. Dwyer Murphy (CrimeReads) will moderate this event featuring short readings and a discussion, followed by […]
Pete Hamill presents the 50th anniversary edition of his debut novel, A Killing for Christ, in conversation with the New York Times‘ Sam Roberts at the Brooklyn Public Library (Central Library, Trustee’s Room). This event is free and open to the public, but please do RSVP here.
FACT & FICTION: To celebrate the 50th anniversary edition of his debut novel A Killing for Christ, author Pete Hamill will appear in conversation with National Book Award winner James McBride—both Distinguished Writers in Residence at NYU School of Journalism. Please RSVP here!
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- You Can Keep That to Yourself: A Comprehensive List of What Not to Say to Black People, for Well-Intentioned People of Pallor
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Black Marks