EVENT ALERT: Edwidge Danticat (Haiti Noir 2) and Laurie Loewenstein (Unmentionables) in NY in January!
Please join us for two upcoming New York events!
At 7:00 pm on Thursday, January 16th, Edwidge Danticat (editor of Haiti Noir and Haiti Noir 2: The Classics) will appear at the Brooklyn Public Library’s Dweck Center to discuss the release of Haiti Noir 2: The Classics. The event will be cosponsored by the Haiti Cultural Exchange as well was MoCADA, and will be free to attend. For full event details, check out this event’s Facebook page.
On Wednesday, January 22nd, join Laurie Loewenstein and Kaylie Jones for a double-launch party, celebrating the release of Laurie’s novel, Unmentionables, as well as the launch of Kaylie Jones Books! Wine and cheese will be provided, and the event is completely free to attend! The event will last from 7pm to 9pm at Bluestockings (172 Allen Street, New York). Full details can be found on Facebook.
Posted: Jan 10, 2014
Category: News | Tags: Bluestockings, Edwidge Danticat, Haiti Noir, Laurie Loewenstein, Unmentionables, Haiti Noir 2: The Classics, Kaylie Jones, Kaylie Jones Books, Haiti Cultural Exchange, MoCADA, Brooklyn Public Library, Dweck Center
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Will Work for Drugs
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Letters to Kurt
- This Is the Noise That Keeps Me Awake
- Seriously, You Have to Eat
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- The Accidental Hunter
- Of Mule and Man