Rave Reviews Roll In As David McConnell Kicks Off West Coast Book Tour
The March issue of Interview magazine describes David’s book as “electrifying . . . there is a sense of shattered psychologies that haunts both these pages and the larger American landscape. The eyes of many men in American Honor Killings are hard to look into, but this excellent book makes a case for doing so.”
Lambda Literary Review also praised the book writing, “As this country again focuses on its endemic violence, David McConnell’s book couldn’t have arrived at a more apt time . . . he’s given us a work that is searing, personal and yet with a clarity that adds to the national conversation . . . It’s this truth telling, the sifting of sad ashes, that sets this book far above typical genre fare. Reading American Honor Killings is like driving by a forest fire, one vast yet still secretive –a fire that’s been burning for a long time.”
Fans also won’t want to miss David McConnell’s interview with Patrick Ryan in GRANTA.
McConnell will appear TONIGHT with Evan Wright, author of Generation Kill, @ Skylight Books (1818 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles) and on Wednesday @ City Lights with Kevin Killian, author of Impossible Princess (261 Columbus Ave., San Francisco).
Posted: Mar 18, 2013
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- You Have to Fucking Eat
- Sale Simon’s Cat Bundle
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – STANDARD EDITION
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Paradoxia: A Predator’s Diary
- Censorship Now!!
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- Seriously, You Have to Eat