Rave Reviews Roll In As David McConnell Kicks Off West Coast Book Tour
The March issue of Interview magazine describes David’s book as “electrifying . . . there is a sense of shattered psychologies that haunts both these pages and the larger American landscape. The eyes of many men in American Honor Killings are hard to look into, but this excellent book makes a case for doing so.”
Lambda Literary Review also praised the book writing, “As this country again focuses on its endemic violence, David McConnell’s book couldn’t have arrived at a more apt time . . . he’s given us a work that is searing, personal and yet with a clarity that adds to the national conversation . . . It’s this truth telling, the sifting of sad ashes, that sets this book far above typical genre fare. Reading American Honor Killings is like driving by a forest fire, one vast yet still secretive –a fire that’s been burning for a long time.”
Fans also won’t want to miss David McConnell’s interview with Patrick Ryan in GRANTA.
McConnell will appear TONIGHT with Evan Wright, author of Generation Kill, @ Skylight Books (1818 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles) and on Wednesday @ City Lights with Kevin Killian, author of Impossible Princess (261 Columbus Ave., San Francisco).
Posted: Mar 18, 2013
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- From a Basement in Seattle
- Hard Art, DC 1979
- Sale I Love You Too
- The Jesus Lizard Book
- Hairstyles of the Damned
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats