Tommy was pointing out the sights of Montego Bay, shouting to be heard above the rumble of the boat’s engine as it navigated out of the crowded harbor, but Deb wasn’t listening…
Category: Original Fiction
Skimming the instructions again, I was really just playing for time…
The urge has risen several times to completely flip out at my daughter, who has repeatedly proven the Terrible Twos is an actual phenomenon.
Me and my best friend hung out every night on the streets, smoking cigarettes and talking to older boys in cars.
The president’s national security advisor delivered the words she had dreaded hearing: “Madam President, I’m afraid you can no longer safely appear in public.”
Matt sneezed all over the pig fetus and then wiped his nose with his glove covered with formaldehyde and who knows what viruses.
“Thieves,” Officer Summers said, “are generally lazy.”
1. Enter filled-to-capacity, shade-deprived, concrete recreational area…
Featured: Black Interest
- Haiti Noir
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- Gomer’s Song
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- God Carlos
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Prospero’s Daughter