Congratulations to Peter Kimani, whose novel Dance of the Jakaranda is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
Category: Akashic Insider
Have you ever wondered how the intricate figures and scenes from What Is Punk? and What Is Hip-Hop? are created?
Listen to an interview on KUT with Unsportsmanlike Conduct‘s Jessica Luther, one year about the publication of this acclaimed, hard-hitting exposé.
From funk to R&B to rap, Nelson George has created a dynamic playlist in To Funk and Die in LA, the fourth book in his D Hunter crime fiction series.
Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop?, by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
Congratulations to Hirsh Sawhney on being longlisted for the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature, and shortlisted for the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize for his debut novel, South Haven!
Now Available: To Funk and Die in LA by Nelson George
Featured: Black Interest
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- I Love You Too
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- The Lunatic
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- God Carlos