The entire Noir Series backlist is on sale wherever e-books are sold for just $2.99 a title through December 31, 2017!
Category: Akashic Insider
Congratulations to Peter Kimani, whose novel Dance of the Jakaranda is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
Have you ever wondered how the intricate figures and scenes from What Is Punk? and What Is Hip-Hop? are created?
Listen to an interview on KUT with Unsportsmanlike Conduct‘s Jessica Luther, one year about the publication of this acclaimed, hard-hitting exposé.
From funk to R&B to rap, Nelson George has created a dynamic playlist in To Funk and Die in LA, the fourth book in his D Hunter crime fiction series.
Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop?, by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
Congratulations to Hirsh Sawhney on being longlisted for the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature, and shortlisted for the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize for his debut novel, South Haven!
Featured: Black Interest
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- The Game Don’t Change
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Becoming Abigail
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Haiti Noir