Akashic Remembers Martin Meyers
We at Akashic were saddened to hear of the passing of Martin Meyers, author, actor, and contributor (along with his wife, Annette) to Akashic’s Manhattan Noir anthology, edited by Lawrence Block.
Martin and Annette—using the pseudonym Maan Meyers—cowrote the “Dutchman” series of historical mystery novels set in New Amsterdam and New York. Manhattan Noir features two contributions by Martin: “Why Do They Have to Hit?” by Martin, and “The Organ Grinder” by Martin and Annette (as Maan).
Joe Meyers (no releation) wrote a lovely piece about Martin and his work in light of his passing; please click here to read it in full.
Posted: May 19, 2014
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola
- You Have to Fucking Eat
- No One Told Me Not to Do This
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)
- Black Music
- From a Basement in Seattle
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Go the Fuck to Sleep
- The Immune System