Akashic Books Wins Big at the 2013 Edgar Awards!
Hooray for Akashic!
We are pleased to announce Mystery Writers of America has awarded Johnny Temple & Akashic Books the 2013 Ellery Queen Award!
From the announcement: “Under the guidance of Johnny Temple, the Noir Series has become an important presence in the mystery community. Upon hearing the news of his award, Johnny Temple said, ‘It’s wonderful, and it’s monumental.’”
Additionally, Patricia Smith, editor of Staten Island Noir, has won the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award for her short story included in the anthology, “When They Are Done with Us.” This award is granted each year the Edgar short-story committee, who selects the best first short story by an American author. Congrats, Patricia!
The prizes will be presented at the annual Edgar Awards Banquet in New York City on May 2, 2013. See the full awards list here.
Posted: Feb 1, 2013
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Immune System
- What Is Punk?
- Go the Fuck to Sleep
- From a Basement in Seattle
- Seriously, Just Go to Sleep
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- Will Work for Drugs
- Censorship Now!!
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith