As usual, Deadman has left me a car at the airport, and, for the first time since Irma hit, I bump along the rutted streets of Road Town.
May 2018 News & Features
To celebrate the Italian edition of Michael Zadoorian’s latest novel, Beautiful Music, publisher Marcos y Marcos has created a Spotify playlist of music inspired by the book: We’ve received fantastic praise for this 1970s coming-of-age novel set in Detroit, including a recent review in the Wall Street Journal by Sam Sacks, which reads in part: “Beautiful Music is a sweet […]
The International Swimming Hall of Fame presented their 2018 Specialty Awards this month: Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides received the Buck Dawson Author Award for their co-written memoir of Ervin’s Olympic career, Chasing Water: Elegy of An Olympian. Congratulations to both!
I am the enemy of those of blood and breath.
This guy had a scar on his cheek as dry as the Arroyo Taiban.
As soon as my wife told me that our little girl was being bullied at school, I was ready to go off the deep end.
At three and a half, my son’s diet consists of only brown, white, and yellow foods.
Miss Meela wailed underneath her broad-brimmed hat as the pallbearers lowered the casket, carrying her young kin.
Featured: Black Interest
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Gathering of Waters
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- A Tall History of Sugar
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Move the Crowd: A Children’s Picture Book
- The Hungered One
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!