The sparrow literally dropped through the flue into Helen’s cold fire place at just barely daylight. At first, she thought she imagined it.
January 2018 News & Features
Congratulations to our Edgar Award nominees and recipients!
“Good morning, love. I guess it’s morning, though it’s hard to tell. It’s just too dark all the time now . . .”
“Fifteen-love,” Georgia says then serves.
Blades reached her just as the light at State and Washington turned green . . .
I am running behind on dinner thanks to a last minute work emergency and bumper-to-bumper traffic on the interstate . . .
“Suzy, did Lucas have Lucky Charms again for breakfast?”
“Keep Portland Weird.” I see it on signs all over town, but what does it even mean?
Featured: Black Interest
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- The Angels’ Share
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Caught Up
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be