The sparrow literally dropped through the flue into Helen’s cold fire place at just barely daylight. At first, she thought she imagined it.
January 2018 News & Features
Congratulations to our Edgar Award nominees and recipients!
“Good morning, love. I guess it’s morning, though it’s hard to tell. It’s just too dark all the time now . . .”
“Fifteen-love,” Georgia says then serves.
Blades reached her just as the light at State and Washington turned green . . .
I am running behind on dinner thanks to a last minute work emergency and bumper-to-bumper traffic on the interstate . . .
“Suzy, did Lucas have Lucky Charms again for breakfast?”
“Keep Portland Weird.” I see it on signs all over town, but what does it even mean?
Featured: Black Interest
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- John Crow’s Devil
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Jesus Boy
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Hadriana in All My Dreams