The sparrow literally dropped through the flue into Helen’s cold fire place at just barely daylight. At first, she thought she imagined it.
January 2018 News & Features
Congratulations to our Edgar Award nominees and recipients!
“Good morning, love. I guess it’s morning, though it’s hard to tell. It’s just too dark all the time now . . .”
“Fifteen-love,” Georgia says then serves.
Blades reached her just as the light at State and Washington turned green . . .
I am running behind on dinner thanks to a last minute work emergency and bumper-to-bumper traffic on the interstate . . .
“Suzy, did Lucas have Lucky Charms again for breakfast?”
“Keep Portland Weird.” I see it on signs all over town, but what does it even mean?
Featured: Black Interest
- Black History Digit
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Jesus Boy
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Haiti Noir
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- The Family Mansion