M watched himself wake in a mirror. His hair was gone and electrodes circled his skull, their wires stripped and dangling like witch hair . . .
I pass Elaine the banana bread. Oh, I’m sure she’s had a trying week, I tell her, clucking in sympathy, listening like the good friend I am . . .
All truth is crooked; time itself is a circle. —Nietzsche
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts is a Best Book of 2017!
Have you ever wondered how the intricate figures and scenes from What Is Punk? and What Is Hip-Hop? are created?
Featured: Black Interest
- Black Lotus
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- The Hungered One
- Becoming Abigail
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Prospero’s Daughter
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Dog War
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop