Had I actually just dropped Leland? The red-winged blackbirds seemed to think so. . .
October 2017 News & Features
I have two daughters, both over the age of five. I never expected to raise boys . . .
You could tell by the way that they cleaned the guns that they’d been taught by the same person . . .
“Your first body?” “Dead one, yeah.”
“Sheila, make my shower extra hot today,” I say, walking to the bathroom . . .
She should have known something was wrong when the beach resembled a desert . . .
For my daughter, “Shit!” became the Shit . . .
Capitán Ernesto Guillén, the chief of detectives for Zone Six of Ecuador’s Policía Nacional, was tired and cranky, but most of all hungry. . .
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- Gomer’s Song
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Black Orchid Blues
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- I Love You Too
- You Can Keep That to Yourself: A Comprehensive List of What Not to Say to Black People, for Well-Intentioned People of Pallor