There was a young couple eating on the floor of a dead shipmaster. . .
August 2017 News & Features
I braced myself on the backseat as my red taxi careened around the corner. . .
It was a typical August night in Tokyo when each breath felt like you were sucking cotton into your lungs. . .
Now Available: Atlanta Noir, edited by Tayari Jones
Now Available: Twenty-Year Anniversary Notebooks
At eleven o’clock on a Wednesday night, a man and a woman checked into cabin number 17 at Venice Marina under the false names of David and Connie Monroe. . .
Brother Tomás watched the red tail hawk slowly circle overhead. . .
Old Mr. Willman’s head twitched, and with some difficulty he pointed an arthritic finger at the gigantic oak tree with the peeling bark. . .
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- The Game Don’t Change
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Trinidad Noir
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- The Family Mansion
- Prospero’s Daughter
- eel on reef