Now Available: ME: A Novel, by Tomouki Hoshino
June 2017 News & Features
Congratulations to Montague Kobbé on the world premiere of the onstage adaptation of his collection Tales of Bed Sheets and Departure Lounges!
There’s nowhere more unsafe than the back of an ambulance. . .
They pitched their Good News. He wasn’t buying it. Not on the worst day of his life, not ever. . .
Now Available: Getting It Right, by Karen E. Osborne.
Akashic remembers Albert “Prodigy” Johnson, who passed away on June 20, 2017.
Since I am 6’4”, Black, and a furry dude to boot, I am not your typical Upper Westside Mom. . .
Keenan offered me the drop gun but I said no. I didn’t think I was that kind of cop. . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- To Funk and Die in LA
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Black Marks
- Home: Social Essays
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature