She loved the sound of her high heels on the pavement. A casual unhurried I’m in control sound. She knew the higher the heels, the more elegant her walk . . .
April 2017 News & Features
I was quiet. I was able to be quiet. My sister more than made up for my absence of audible response to every situation. . .
I held a glass of champagne in my hand and stood alone under the dark night sky. . .
The strange woman at my door holds a knife and a fork. Her cutlery is sharp. She smells of raw oysters. A bag hangs over her shoulders . . .
It was the jet lag that had set Owen off . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Trinidad Noir
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Black Music
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Home: Social Essays
- Game World