She loved the sound of her high heels on the pavement. A casual unhurried I’m in control sound. She knew the higher the heels, the more elegant her walk . . .
April 2017 News & Features
I was quiet. I was able to be quiet. My sister more than made up for my absence of audible response to every situation. . .
I held a glass of champagne in my hand and stood alone under the dark night sky. . .
The strange woman at my door holds a knife and a fork. Her cutlery is sharp. She smells of raw oysters. A bag hangs over her shoulders . . .
It was the jet lag that had set Owen off . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- The Angels’ Share
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Even in Paradise
- On the Way Back
- The Roving Tree
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- Jesus Boy