She loved the sound of her high heels on the pavement. A casual unhurried I’m in control sound. She knew the higher the heels, the more elegant her walk . . .
I was quiet. I was able to be quiet. My sister more than made up for my absence of audible response to every situation. . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Bedrock Faith
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Game World
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Not for Everyday Use
- God Carlos
- Dance of the Jakaranda