She loved the sound of her high heels on the pavement. A casual unhurried I’m in control sound. She knew the higher the heels, the more elegant her walk . . .
I was quiet. I was able to be quiet. My sister more than made up for my absence of audible response to every situation. . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Black Music
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- The White House
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- To Funk and Die in LA
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)