We are supposed to meet beneath the stars, while the ocean whispers. I’ve stripped to my briefs and sampled the water with my toes . . .
April 2017 News & Features
The first thing out of his mouth when I sat down was about the High Park. I hadn’t been in maybe a year or so since I’d moved out of the neighborhood, but my brother was a regular . . .
Now Available: Oakland Noir, edited by Eddie Muller and Jerry Thompson.
I always knew the kid was going to kill somebody, but no one believed me, especially my brother.
The cop listened. He pulled it together long enough to ask the caller to repeat himself. “It’s not funny. It’s theft. Someone took a porta potty!” . . .
Now Available: The Scientology Murders, by William Heffernan.
Congratulations to Wolf Erlbruch on winning the 2017 Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award!
He takes off, devil-may-care grin on his face as he looks back at me. He’s not even watching where he’s going . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Gomer’s Song
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- The Roving Tree
- Black Orchid Blues
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Home: Social Essays
- Prayer for the Living