“You must smoke crack if you think we’re riding with y’all.” . . .
January 2017 News & Features
Wearing a blue TSA uniform, a LaGuardia Airport security badge and large wraparound dark glasses, Jay drove to the south runway, where Morrison and his pilot were preparing for a pre-dawn flight . . .
In the 1950’s, I lived on The Barbary Coast—a five-block stretch that separated the “men only” taverns of Jersey City from the “women welcome” honkytonks of Union City . . .
Congratulations, Megan Abbott and Laura Benedict our two finalists for 2017 Edgar Awards in the Best Short Story Category for their contributions to our noir series.
We are delighted to announce a special, limited edition preorder package of the forthcoming autobiography, This Is the Noise That Keeps Me Awake, by the multiplatinum-selling band, GARBAGE!
Are you a parent going through the Terrible Twos? Did you live through them and survive? Terrible Twosdays is a place to commiserate over the unending shenanigans of your Darling Children (as the online parenting communities say). Nonfiction stories will be considered, so long as names have been changed to protect the guilty. Inspired by […]
Tina knew she shouldn’t have gone to that party with Robert . . .
Roberts stood silently until the man nodded, said, “That’s my brother.” . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Gathering of Waters
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Saba)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)