On Columbus Day weekend my brother and I had gone to a mass dedicated to our father who’d died of a heart attack in the back room of 1998 Niagara Street . . .
Tal Afar Town is what they call us, but we’re not the real deal. The casting agency had to open it up to “actors of Middle Eastern or Mediterranean descent in good standing with the Union.” Who cares if we’ve got a few Armenians, and even a Steinberg from Scarsdale . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Black Orchid Blues
- Jesus Boy
- The Duppy
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- The Family Mansion
- The Book of Harlan