On Columbus Day weekend my brother and I had gone to a mass dedicated to our father who’d died of a heart attack in the back room of 1998 Niagara Street . . .
Tal Afar Town is what they call us, but we’re not the real deal. The casting agency had to open it up to “actors of Middle Eastern or Mediterranean descent in good standing with the Union.” Who cares if we’ve got a few Armenians, and even a Steinberg from Scarsdale . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Getting It Right
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Home: Social Essays
- Jesus Boy
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Black Orchid Blues