Changers Book Three: Kim by T Cooper & Allison Glock-Cooper is now available.
November 2016 News & Features
The skinhead wipes the rain out of his eyes and cackles. “I’m glad I’m not the poor bastard that has to try and identify your body.” His pump-action shotgun is wedged against my throat. He is going to make one hell of a mess . . .
Get 50% off all our books—including Depeche Mode: Monument and An Unkindness of Ghosts— through 11:59pm Sunday, 12/31/2017, using code BF2017 at checkout!
It suddenly occurred to Rudi that not only was she alone in a strange and empty city, but it was Thanksgiving . . .
Once, I lived in Tarrytown, in a six bedroom Tudor set high in the hills. My living room windows looked out across the Hudson to the green expanse of Rockland County on its far side. This was back when I was married; before Floyd Flake bit off my left ear and won the World Heavyweight title by a “knockout.” . . .
The Worst Breakfast by China Miéville & Zak Smith has been named a Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2016.
I thought taking care of one baby was hard, until I had two . . .
You have to go down a lot of steps to get to what’s left of the furnaces, so not many people come here. That’s why I use this place, but it got me thinking all the same. This was where it started, where – like the historical marker says – we made the steel that won the Civil War. Now it’s four ruined rock walls. This used to be the heart of the city, or maybe the lungs for the great bellows it had. Now it’s broken and useless. The city’s own black lung . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Even in Paradise
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- eel on reef
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Haiti Noir
- The Duppy
- Gomer’s Song