Imagine hitting four home runs in nine innings and losing the game . . .
August 2016 News & Features
Potty training. So . . .
The body didn’t belong in the freezer. It belonged in the Pasadena sunshine, skateboarding down the uneven sidewalks, cycling around McDonald Park, kicking a soccer ball around the Rose Bowl . . .
The next morning Anoush left so early with Baba Bijan that the chill of the night air still hung over the desert . . .
We’re absolutely THRILLED to have Anthony Ervin, author of Chasing Water: Elegy of an Olympian, competing at the 2016 Olympics!
New Yorkers: Join author Barbara J. Taylor for the NYC release of All Waiting Is Long on Wed., 8/10 @ 7pm!
On the last day of November, Chip spent his hour commute composing a suicide letter in his head, absently passing pokey sedans, picturing his boss’s face when the dickhead heard about the tragedy . . .
Elizabeth didn’t know what to do. Go along with the kid holding the knife and the other kid with the gun? Lie? Try to escape? . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- The Lunatic
- Trinidad Noir
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Around Harvard Square
- Prospero’s Daughter
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Loving Donovan
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business