Me and Tino are sitting in the bay window of the lobby. Our building, like the other brown, seven-storied buildings around it, is really majestic just people never take the time to look at it . . .
Jay sat cross-legged under a cobia tree, the majestic Mayan tree of life, where the gods hung out to keep an eye on their minions below . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Bedrock Faith
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Loving Donovan
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- The Duppy
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Changers Book Two: Oryon