Listen to clips from the audiobook of Born on the Fourth of July by Ron Kovic.
July 2016 News & Features
Read an excerpt from All Waiting Is Long by Barbara J. Taylor, along with a short statement from the author on writing the book.
Join us for the launches of our new Noir Series books in St. Louis, MO, and Oxford, MS!
Me and Tino are sitting in the bay window of the lobby. Our building, like the other brown, seven-storied buildings around it, is really majestic just people never take the time to look at it . . .
Jay sat cross-legged under a cobia tree, the majestic Mayan tree of life, where the gods hung out to keep an eye on their minions below . . .
My son saw women peel their skin from their bones and burn their bodies out like cane fire before bed . . .
Check out author Ron Kovic’s introduction from our 2005 edition of Born on the Fourth of July.
NYC! Join us Wed., 7/20 @ 7 PM to celebrate the release of Fair Play: How LGBT Athletes Are Claiming Their Rightful Place in Sports by Cyd Zeigler.
Featured: Black Interest
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Jesus Boy
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Black History Digit
- Around Harvard Square
- The Hungered One
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop