I woke up at 1:00 a.m., when Jimmy had a bad dream, and at 3:45, when Sarah peed in her bed, and when my alarm went off at seven I got up and stepped on a lego and by mistake Jimmy got toothpaste on my last clean pair of pants, and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, really crappy day . . .
May 2016 News & Features
Ash Wednesday. The day after Carnival—the farewell to flesh, the not-so-greatest show on Earth . . .
On Clearwater Lake Road, there’s a fork. To get to Gerson’s U-Pick-It, you turn right. But I got turned around in my head and drove left . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Black History Digit
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Lunatic
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Black Lotus
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Even in Paradise
- eel on reef