I woke up at 1:00 a.m., when Jimmy had a bad dream, and at 3:45, when Sarah peed in her bed, and when my alarm went off at seven I got up and stepped on a lego and by mistake Jimmy got toothpaste on my last clean pair of pants, and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, really crappy day . . .
May 2016 News & Features
Ash Wednesday. The day after Carnival—the farewell to flesh, the not-so-greatest show on Earth . . .
On Clearwater Lake Road, there’s a fork. To get to Gerson’s U-Pick-It, you turn right. But I got turned around in my head and drove left . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- The Accidental Hunter
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- God Carlos
- The Angels’ Share
- Black Music
- Even in Paradise
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop