I am a distinguished professor. I am a dignified person. I have a doctorate. I am important in academic circles . . .
January 2016 News & Features
You sit with your back against the bronze statue of Ken Kesey in the square bearing his name, a box of Voodoo Doughnuts between your feet and an aluminum baseball bat leaning against the inside of your right leg . . .
To celebrate the release of The Angels’ Share — the latest from acclaimed author Garfield Ellis — we’re pleased to feature a statement from the author on how his fascination with regret formed the core of his novel.
The kids and I dash across town to library story time . . .
I never relaxed during the week I spent in Rishikesh . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Getting It Right
- Jesus Boy
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Anna In-Between
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Dog War
- Black Music
- The Hungered One
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans