To celebrate the release of Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes, Akashic is featuring some of our favorite bookstore and library cats. Today, meet Atticus, who lives in Tacoma’s King’s Books!
October 2015 News & Features
You might think that she was a monster, but she really wasn’t . . .
7:30am, Okay; coffee, laundry, then walk . . .
We saw him running. Down, down. From the mountain, across tracks, across highway, State Route 111, Southern California, right there alongside the Salton Sea. Salton Sea. Why is it named so? . . .
I was seventeen in 1965. The “Sally Bumps” gang hung out at Vinny’s Bar. Their main racket was stealing copper from the telephone company . . .
Watch “Box Clever,” a brand-new film from Simon’s Cat, as we count down the days until the release of Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes!
The road to Vegas is its usual Friday afternoon parking lot. We are meeting friends and plan to do mushrooms—as in those kind of mushrooms. It’ll be my first time. . . .
It was rumored that Miss Neela’s spirit roams through the village in the dead of the night with her fetus wrapped in her arms . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- The Game Don’t Change
- Prospero’s Daughter
- Black Orchid Blues
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Getting It Right
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread