When the young soucouyant first realised there was a baby growing in her, she held the thought in her head tightly, boxing it in the same way you might wrap a pastelle: fold one side over and seal before folding the other side . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Trinidad Noir
- The Book of Harlan
- Mr. Loverman