Congratulations to Eric Charles May, recipient of the Chicago Public Library’s 21st Century Award for 2015!
I lie on his couch. It’s my spot now. I’ve spent whole days lying here. The cushions remember the arch of my back and the angles of my arms and legs, so it’s easy to find my place again when I move. He sits at his desk—next to the couch, in front of a laptop—and waits for his phone to ring. He is a businessman. His business is crack. He is always on call . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Jesus Boy
- Black Lotus
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Bedrock Faith
- The Duppy
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- John Crow’s Devil
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Praise Song for the Butterflies