After the meal we headed back to the Groucho Club. We were a few drinks in now. We went upstairs and had some cocaine in the restroom . . .
February 2015 News & Features
To celebrate the release of The Lost Treasures of R&B, Okayplayer hosted an exclusive streaming mixtape created by Nelson George!
She ran up to me kind of sideways, half willing herself to approach me and half strangely drawn to me. Even from across the room, she yelled out for all to hear:
“Why did you come?!” . . .
Mid-eighties Manhattan, when the weird were weirder, the dirty dirtier, and neon orange tits pulsed the heart of Times Square. When hookers in hot pants and platforms sneered at the down-and-outers on 96th and Broadway, and even the cushiest berth, like the Apthorp, with its locked gates and classy facade, hid horror . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- The Book of Harlan
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Hungered One