Starve the Vulture author Jason Carney recently talked to the Huffington Post about his new memoir, redemption, and breaking free from an abusive cycle. Click for more.
The gateway drug is not the weed you smoke in a too-thin joint as a teenager. It’s not the beer you surreptitiously sip from your father’s fishing cooler while hunkered down in the garage. The gateway drug is escape . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- eel on reef
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Not for Everyday Use
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery