Prison Noir — the latest release in Akashic’s Noir Series, edited by National Book Award winner Joyce Carol Oates — was reviewed by Marilyn Stasio for her New York Times Sunday Book Review Crime column!
To celebrate the release of Prison Noir — the latest release in Akashic’s Noir Series and edited by National Book Award winner Joyce Carol Oates — we’re very pleased to bring you a guest post by William Scott Lyon, who facilitates a creative writing workshop on death row in Nashville, Tennessee.
Featured: Black Interest
- The Warmest December
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Angels’ Share
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- eel on reef
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- The Roving Tree
- An Unkindness of Ghosts